– Not safe or suitable for children (0-12) and pets – Toxic plants on premises that can cause fatality. Certain features of the home are not safe for children. No pets allowed.
– No smoking, parties, or events
– Check-in is anytime after 4PM and check out by 11AM
– Self check-in with smart lockbox and key
This is our home, not a hotel. Please respect it as you would your own. By booking and renting, you agree to abide to the following:
– Be considerate of the check-in and check-out times as our housekeepers require the full five hours to turnover the house. We have a smart lockbox which can only be opened with the access code starting from 4pm on the day of your check-in. (ie: the lockbox will NOT open if you try to open it at 3:45pm or any other time prior to 4pm).
– No shoes indoors and keep screen doors closed at all times. The desert is extremely dusty and has lots of loose cactus thorns on the grounds; the floors won’t feel clean during your stay if shoes are left on. We provide new slippers upon arrival. To avoid unexpected pests like rodents or scorpions coming in the house, always keep the screen doors closed when the sliding glass doors are open. Being up against the boulders, we get very active wildlife on the property.
– No loud noises, outdoor amplified music, fireworks, firearms or drones. Quiet time is 10pm – 8am. We’re located in a small peaceful neighborhood with longtime neighbors who are mostly retired and don’t wish to be disturbed. We can’t stress enough that the desert air is extremely thin and even the sound of normal talking outside can travel very far. If we receive any calls about a noise disturbance from our neighbors or the police, guests will be asked to vacate the property immediately.
– No commercial photo or film shoots allowed without prior consent since these have different rates. This also applies to sponsored social media posts promoting a product or brand. If you’re confused as to what constitutes a commercial shoot, just ask. $2000 per violation plus $250/hr production fee.
– No unauthorized guests or parties allowed; events and workshops require prior consent since these have different rates. Only the reserved guests at the time of booking are allowed on the property at any given time during your stay; this includes daytime and overnight guests. $2000 per violation plus $80/pp charge for every unauthorized guest on the property.
– No pets allowed and not suitable for children under twelve years of age. Our property is unfenced and has toxic plants on the premises that can cause fatality if ingested. $500 fine per violation plus necessary cleaning/repair fees if evidence of unauthorized pets are found.
– Smoking is absolutely prohibited indoors. Smoking can only be outdoors and at least 20 feet away from the house (please close all doors and windows while smoking). All cigarette butts must be put out and disposed of in the trash; do not litter on the property. $500 fine per violation for odors present indoors and litter found outside.
– Always shut off the firepit and gas levers when not in use. Keep the hot tub lid securely closed and buckled when not in use. The water attracts wildlife and they may fall in and drown.
– We have a lot of vintage and antique pieces collected through the years that are very dear to us in the home. We ask that you leave furniture where they are. Do not bring indoor furniture outside, and outdoor furniture inside.
– No illegal or abusive use of the internet is allowed.
You must also acknowledge:
– Dangerous animals on property – Our home is unfenced and is up against the boulders. You may encounter: rattlesnakes, black widow spiders, coyotes, bobcats, scorpions, etc.
– Surveillance or recording devices on property – For your security and as required by our insurance company, we have security cameras monitoring the exterior entry doors and walkways to the house.