• We’re in a wildfire hazard zone -— please do not light open flames of any kind outdoors, especially when it’s windy.
• There is a no-smoking policy at Sol to Soul. That said, there is an ashtray on the coffee table on the back patio because the risk of wildfire is insanely real here. Please distinguish & dispose of cigarettes responsibly.
• Please respect the neighbors. Between the quiet hours of 10pm – 8am please do not play amplified music or make loud noises of any kind.
• Pick up any trash, particularly when turning in at night. Loose trash can easily be blown into the open desert by the wind.
• Please do not take indoor furniture outside. The only furniture that is suitable for outdoor use will be outside when you arrive.
• Please do not use bedroom blankets outside. Courtesy outdoor-use blankets can be found in the basket by the sliding door in the living room (next to the basket of Turkish towels for the hot tub).
• We have provided a French press and Chemex for coffee, but do not dispose of grinds in the sink / garbage disposal. These should be dumped in the trash, please.
The number of people who may be at the property at any one time is the same number of renters stated on the reservation confirmation. In other words – no non-renting guests are permitted.
If you would like to invite guests over for drinks or dinner you must receive permission ahead of time from us. No more than two cars are allowed on the property at a time without permission. Cars may only be parked in designated parking areas – never alongside the roads/drives. If the renter wants to seek permission to vary from any of these occupancy and/or parking requirements you must receive permission ahead of time from us.
Violation of these rules could result in loss of your deposit or a cancellation of your reservation resulting in eviction. We plan ahead for our cleaners, our neighbors, and base the added rates on the impact from the added guests.
Internet Usage & Liabilities
An illegal or abusive use of Internet access is not allowed. In particular, it is not allowed to:
• send information and data of a commercial nature and/or for marketing purposes to third parties without being requested to do so (spamming);
• use peer-to-peer networks if up- or downloading of copyright-protected intellectual property with or without the knowledge of the owner is intended;
• spread and distribute illegal or immoral content and data;
• use applications which could destroy or change the physical or logical structure of The Sol to Soul House equipment or network.
In case of non-compliance with the above obligations or in case of any other illegal action, the renter shall be liable for damages. The renter has in particular to indemnify and hold harmless The Sol to Soul House from any third party claims on first demand and, in case The Sol to Soul House settles any damages itself for avoiding further damages, to compensate The Sol to Soul House for all damages incurred (including costs of legal advice and defense).
The Sol to Soul House is not responsible for any damages renters sustain while using Internet access with their own Internet devices. The renters must have their own spyware/virus protection or data security, etc.
Photo shoots are not permitted without written permission from Sol to Soul House.
Special events such as weddings and parties are not permitted without written permission from Sol to Soul House.
The renter shall allow us to access to the property for purposes of repairs and inspection if required. We shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
If for any reason beyond our control, the house is unavailable, we may cancel the rental agreement and a full refund of all fees paid will be made.
Smoking is not allowed inside the house or within 15 feet of any open door. If you are a smoker, plan to smoke outside and well away from open doors and to use the ashtray provided on the outside coffee table. Butts thrown on the ground are not appreciated.
We may withhold all or part of the deposit if any of the general policies are broken. Cause for withholding deposit funds include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Missing items requiring replacement (including keys)
• Damage to the premises or contents
• Excessive cleaning required
• Lingering smell of tobacco smoke
• Charges for mailing personal items left behind
• Evidence of more persons using the property than were authorized
• Unauthorized late check-out
• Unauthorized early check-in
• Illegal use of the internet provided
• Smoke damage will be a $500 fee for cleanup fee.
When You Depart
1. It is greatly appreciated if you will try to leave things as close to how you found them when you arrived – including the location of furniture.
2. Remove all of your personal items from the house
(don’t forget to check the drawers in the bedrooms, bathrooms and under beds).
3. Place all dirty dishes in the dishwasher and run it.
4. Ensure that the stove is off, and all propane tanks have been turned off.
5. If you generate more trash than will fit in the trash containers in the house, please pull out the liner bag, tie it tightly and place in the outdoor trashcans by the black box towards the propane tank.
6. If you have extra food that you don’t want to take with you and you don’t want it going to waste, our cleaner will happily make use of anything that you want to leave behind.
(be sure that anything perishable is placed in the refrigerator).
7. Pile all used towels, napkins, and dishrags on the bathroom floors.
8. Leave beds that were used visibly unmade.
9. Leave extra blankets that were used out and unfolded.
10. Ensure that all lights are off.
11. Turn off the audio/visual gear.
12. Return the furniture outside to where you found it.
13. Make sure the front door is locked and that all the magnetic doors are clicked to “locked” mode and that each slider is fully closed and engaged.
14. Return your key to the lock box.
15. Please let us know if there is anything that you believe did not work properly or which may need our attention.