PICKERING BEACH HOUSE – RULES & REGULATIONS
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS 4:00 PM AND CHECK-OUT IS 11:00 AM. NO Early Check-ins unless otherwise arranged.
2. This is a NON SMOKING unit. Smoking is only permitted outside of unit or reservation deposit will be immediately forfeited.
3. Pet friendly. Dogs only with a pet fee. No cats, due to allergies.
4. The garage, garden path, and bulkhead areas are shared with the guests in the cottage. Please be respectful of each other’s’ privacy and quiet retreat opportunities.
5. DAMAGE DEPOSIT – If no deposit is taken through the booking website, they will collect for any damages or breaches to these rules, once you have checked out. If a damage deposit is taken, it will be returned to you within 10 days of your departure, if the following provisions are met:
a. No damage is done to unit or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
c. All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in garbage/recycle cans at the top of the lane.
d. All soiled dishes are cleaned, and left in drying rack. Dishwasher run, if needed. Clean dishes can be left in the dishwasher.
e. All doors are locked upon departure.
f. All charges accrued during your stay are paid prior to departure.
g. No linens, furniture, electronics, entertainment systems, or games are lost or damaged.
h. No additional guests will be invited onto the property without permission of the owner/manager.
i. All Exit instructions are followed up on departure.
6. If KAYAKS are lost or damaged, the guest will replace them. There is a use fee per kayak, per stay, to be arranged with host in advance.
7. FULL PAYMENT – Shall be made in full prior to your visit (along with kayak, pet and extra guest fees, if applicable).
8. MULTI-WEEK/MONTHLY RESERVATION CANCELLATIONS – A thirty (30) day notice is required for cancellation of reservations for stays for multiple weeks or months. Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay that are made less than thirty (30) days prior to arrival date will forfeit the full rental payment. Early departure does not warrant any refund of rent. If no damage to unit or losses occurs, damage deposit will be returned in full.
9. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY – The maximum number of guests is limited to six (6) persons in the Beach House. There is a $40 charge per person for more than four (4) people.
10. INCLUSIVE FEES – Rates include Internet Wi-Fi, Cable TV, utilities, and towel usage.
11. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
12. RELEASE OF LIABILITY – Use of the property is at the guest’s own risk. The guest agrees to hold the owner harmless from any liability which may arise from incidents or accidents while guest occupies the property. Similarly, the guest assumes any risks associated with recreational activities at the property, including the use of the hot tub, kayaks (if rented), and any other equipment.
13. COVID-19 – Due to the 2019-2020 outbreak of the novel Coronavirus, COVID-19, we are taking extra precautions with disinfecting practices. Even so, the guest acknowledges that we cannot guarantee that the guest will not become infected with COVID-19 while staying at the property. The guest assumes any risk related to COVID-19 and releases the property and its owners from any liability related to COVID-19 exposure and/or infection.
a. The guest attests that, upon check-in, they are not experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
14. Owner retains the right to ask the guest to leave if she feels as though the property is being abused.
Please reply “agree” if you agree to all terms and conditions of this agreement.
Once we receive the “agree” message, we will send directions and entering instructions.