Welcome! How can we help?
How do the Security Deposits work?
At BoutiqueHomes owners may opt to include a Security Deposit as part of their rental rate to help protect their properties. These are refundable as long as no damage is done to the property.
BoutiqueHomes does not hold security deposit funds on behalf of the owner. Security deposits are managed exclusively between the host and guest.
Security deposit information is listed under the property's Policies.
Click on the arrow to view the policies.
It will also be visible again when requesting a quote. Both when you click More Info then Policies, as well as when you click Details.
The properties Security Deposit policy will be one of the following:
- No Security Deposit Required.
- Deposit amount required at the time of booking.
- In this option, BoutiqueHomes forwards the funds to the owner prior to check-in.
- Deposit required prior to check-in via an electronic transfer to the owner.
- Deposit required at check-in with cash.
- Deposit required at check-in with a credit card.
- Deposit required at check-in with a personal check.
All security deposits are refundable if there is no property damage.
Hoping that’s the case, the refund timeline would be one of the following:
- Refund of deposit by the owner at checkout.
- Refund of deposit by the owner within 7 days after the stay.
- Refund of deposit by the owner within 14 days of the stay.
Should you have questions or need additional information for a particular property, we'd recommend asking the owner directly.