Welcome! How can we help?
How does the Payment System work at BoutiqueHomes?
At BoutiqueHomes payment is collected from the guest at the time of booking and paid out to the host based upon their property's selected cancellation policy, with all payouts occurring once the guest has entered the non-refundable portion of their stay. All host payout transactions are handled by our secure payment processor Wise.
- For more information on Wise and registration help, please click here.
- Wise’s payment platform leverages world-class systems to detect and prevent fraud.
Here is an overview of the payment collection and distribution process:
- Choose a preferred cancellation policy to set the payment schedule.
- Payment dates range from 7 days after guest funds are collected to 7 days after arrival.
- A full breakdown of the different cancellation policies and the payment schedules can be found here.
- Guest reserves booking and submit payment through BoutiqueHomes.
- All Payments are processed via credit card through secure partner Stripe.
- At booking, guests are charged a percentage of the reservation total based on your preferred amount selected in your property rates. The balance is collected according to the property cancellation policy.
- Guests traveling within 60 days are charged in full
- Guests pay a non-refundable service fee 10% service, based on the room total and any additional costs.
- Hosts have 48 Hours to Accept the booking or else the reservation will be canceled and the guest will not be charged.
- Host Accepts and BoutiqueHomes sends your full 90% payouts through Transferwise based on your selected cancellation schedule.
- BoutiqueHomes retains its 10% commission, based on the nightly rate and applicable additional costs such as for photoshoots and events. It is not applied still to taxes, cleaning or pet fees, and security deposits.
- It can take 3-5 business days for the payment to appear in your bank account.
- In the event of a cancellation, BoutiqueHomes' commission will still be applicable to the non-refundable portion of the booking.
- Please note: Should BoutiqueHomes deem the cancellation to be unnecessary and the direct result of the owner's actions, such as with a double-booking, BoutiqueHomes may, at their discretion, invoice the host to cover the resulting administrative costs.
Those three easy steps and that’s it! You can accept with confidence knowing BoutiqueHomes will handle it all and send your earnings on payday.
By BoutiqueHomes collecting and distributing funds in this way, provides major advantages to all owners:
- Never worry about fielding payment with guests, or them booking and disappearing.
- Never have to worry about refunding guests in event of a cancellation.
- No invoicing! Accept and get the money in the bank instead.
- No worrying about merchant or processor fees, BoutiqueHomes absorbs those costs.
Please note that in an ongoing effort to provide better service to owners and guests alike:
- Security deposits are fielded individually based on the owners’ discretion. You can review those policies here.
- A record of each transaction is available in the owner's account, including monies paid by the guest and the 10% commission fee charged by BoutiqueHomes.
- Taxes will be included in the guest rate, collected by BoutiqueHomes, and paid to host with the rest of the funds.
- Hosts are liable for filing their own taxes.
- Hosts can request 1099 forms.
If you have any additional questions please reach out to customer service at [email protected]. We're always happy to help!